Wednesday, August 17, 2016

People often..

people often look at old pictures with tears in their eyes,
I read old self written words with cracks in my heart,
people often call their old actions regrets that weren’t wise,
I cling to decisions that scar me as if they were art,
people mourn the old text messages they’ve received,
I mourn lies you’ve engraved into my skin that I once believed,
people often reminisce scents that inhabit forgotten & abandoned clothes,
I ache at memories that become a permanent perfume right under my nose,
people often sweep the pain under the rugs of their plastic homes,
I watch my pain grow wings and stab each part of me as it roams,
people often forget the letters and syllables of people they deeply bury,
I fight each hand not to write your name on torn papers as I grow weary,
people often smile once rusty memories turn into cool evaporated air,
I dwell each sleepless night because the thought of you keeps my mind bare,
people often forget the lyrics you used to sing with a smile on your face;
I draw the shape of your lips onto my skin as if it were pieces of lace,
people often choose to live and forcefully let go,

but before you, life was something I didn’t know.

1 comment:

  1. You still have people reading,keep on writing❤

    ReplyDelete