Saturday, January 5, 2013

Le Chase Chapter 40

NO MORE FINAL EXAMS! Woooooohoooo! I'm putting my time back into my blog and on the side, gym haha. Clearly this story is ending but I'm still quite unsure about my new story, I know the plot for it, I know I said I'd use true characters but at the same time, it will take me a LOT of time to write about real people I actually don't personally know. So I'm still thinking that over, I might keep it for the summer to write about or change it around? I'm still confused. And don't forget, my next story will be in 100% ENGLISH.

I want to hear my reader's feedback, comment down below please! Thank you for all the feedback, and all the support, you guys know how to make a girl happy, THANK YOU.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, as much as I enjoyed the fact that I finally am done for finals (until the next four months haha).

By the way, this is SHORT, it's a teaser, not a full chapter.

-

Previously in Chapter 39:


"Layal, etha et7beeny, you'll do two things for me." Thari continued speaking, my heart hammering inside my chest to his words. I didn't realise how much I truly missed hearing them till now, I willed the happy tears away to reply to him.

"Shnu?" I hesitantly asked.

"Erta7ay, I need you to be as healthy as you can be again," he whispered.

"And?"

"Wait."

"Wait for what?" I asked, curious.

"You'll see. Just wait Layal, I love you."

And with that, he ended the phone call before I could ask any more questions.


-

It's been exactly two months. It was the hardest two months of my life, after those 3 years without Layal. I've forced myself to not talk to or see Layal in these two months on purpose. I had a surprise for her, I message her, making sure she knew that these two months would be off limits and that she had to stay as patient as possible. 

I had a feeling she already found out what I had in plan for her. 

Marriage.

My heart was hammering inside my chest with excitement. Today was the day. The day where I was going to officially go to her house and ask her brother for Layal's hand in marriage. I made sure my mother stayed out of this, she was ecstatic once she heard I finally wanted to settle down with a girl, she wanted to be the one to arrange everything. Even before Layal had officially said yes, my mother wanted to start the wedding arrangements. My mother was that excited.

I tore my eyes off of the grey stone ground I was staring at and pulled my eyes to the white painted front door of Layal's house. I pressed my thumb against the cold plastic doorbell, impatiently waiting for someone to answer the door. For some reason, Layal's house was packed with cars everywhere. I didn't understand why, I was assuming maybe her brother had a "dewaneyah" night at his place. (Dewaneyah night: when the men in the family invite over their friends or relatives just to play cards, eat a feast or just hang out in their "diwan", a separate building or a separate large room just for them. It's simply a guy's night, no girls allowed.)

I knocked again, I heard murmuring voices in the house yet no one answered me. I nervously smelled my 'deshdasha' (a white traditional piece of clothing for Arabian Muslim men), it smelled of expensive strong cologne I sprayed earlier. It still clung to the white smooth fabric of my deshdasha. My buzz cut had gotten longer, I had my wavy hair slightly gelled back formally.

Only a few minutes from now, I will finally be engaged to Layal.

"Salam 3laikom," a voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up and found a house keeper. It wasn't Layal's house keeper that I've met ages ago, it was a new one, with a younger face with her hair put back into a bun. Her Arabic was broken, it was iced with a Filipino accent.

"3leikom elsalam, wein Abdulra7man Al-X?" I asked eagerly with a huge smile on my face, I could barely see who was inside the house but my ear heard multiple voices, murmuring in the background.

"Not here sir, are you here for the funeral? The men's funeral is not here sir, I think you got the wrong address," her words stung me, funeral? She stepped to the side, allowing me to catch a glimpse of what was behind her. It was a group of women in 3abayas, their eyes rimmed with redness from the tears that fell. The atmosphere of the house was heavy, it depressed me to watch them but I was curious on why there was a funeral inside the house.

"Oh right, I got the wrong address." I lied, buying me some time. "Funeral Al-X right? Uhm, for the father?"

I knew Layal's father passed away a while ago but I gave her a dumb expression. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

"No, Layal Al-X's funeral."

31 comments:

  1. MATAT?????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to be kidding me. I'm not going to cry. U can't. U just can't. NOOOOOOOOOOOO:'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    NouraM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oomg. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2!!:'''( pleeeaaase he's dreaming 9a7?? 9aa77777777???!! D: :'c

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGGFGG MY MOUTH WAD EXACTLY :O AFTER READING THIS POST... please post soon! Amazing as always

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many chapters is the story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laishhhhhhh 7araaam 3alaaach !!!! Ur kidding 9a7?!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg she died? i'm this close to cryingg thanks for posting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't cry easily, but you made me cry! :'cc

    ReplyDelete
  9. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 7ARAM 3ALAICH. no plzz tell me ur kidding!!!!:"(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kidding right ?? NO NO it's unfair please make it a dream please :"( <\3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made me cry </3

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOOOOOOOO! plzz dont let it end this way pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. No no no no no. Please no. Pleaaaase </3

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHAT?!!!
    You Must Post Soon
    Plzz
    -xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. NO WAY!!

    this cant be happening :o

    waiting for the next post, keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  16. NOOOOOOOOOO !!!! She can't die , I don't want her to die , pleaseeeee let it be a misunderstanding or atleast a dream or anything ! :( I'm about to cry...

    ReplyDelete
  17. La la la la!! Akeed il 5adama il yedeeda '3abeeya oo fahma '3al6 !!! Aww akeed ohwa gam ya7lim... Ya3ni..*sobs* mara7 *sobs* itmoot bs *sobs* chithy 97?!!!! *sniff*

    WAAAAAY LAAAA2 LA TMOOOT!! TWA BYA56IBHA!!!����������������

    UnYousef:,((((( *t9ee7*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laaa tmooot welli ewafgish :'( laaa please :'(

    ReplyDelete
  19. This can't be happening! Please tell me this was just a nightmare and he'll wake up in the next chapter :'(

    ReplyDelete
  20. NOOO WAAAAY PLEEEAASE THAT CAN'T BE THE ENDING THARI DESERVES A HAPPY ENDING BECAUSE OF ALL THE THINGS HE WENT THROUGH ALLAH Y5LEEEEEEEECH VIIEEEE :"( :"( :"(

    He has to be dreaming i beg of you :( I cried please make it a happy ending <///3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have goosbumbes all over my hands!!!!
    LAaaaaa please!!!
    Ya rabb '6arii is dreaming!!!!
    Pls post as soon as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. noooo i hope hes dreaming ba9eeeeeee7

    ReplyDelete
  23. WHYYYYYYY DID U KILL HERRR ,, PLEASE TRY TO CHANGE/FIX SOMETHING THIS IS UNFAIR

    ReplyDelete
  24. No no no no no! Mosta7eel! She can't die :( she can't, she just can't :( this is so depressing! Please post soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg:') I hope he wakes up from this stupid nightmare, 7ram:( please let her live

    ReplyDelete
  26. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO:(

    ReplyDelete
  27. How did the main character die?:(:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your questions will be answered now as I write the new chapter, stayed tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  29. please don't make her die please make it a dream or a misunderstanding anything but her dying 3ad tkfeein :'( and btw I'm in love with ur stories they're amazing and ur an amazing writer plz post asap and don't kill her ;( </3

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would rather die than to be in his place :)

    ReplyDelete