Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Le Chase Chapter 26

How's everyone doing? I know I haven't posted in a while, I didn't think university would be this hectic/tiring. Boy was I wrong! Sure, it's different than high school in so many ways, more freedom and all that but it's way more tiring too, a lot less fun when you have to say goodbye to half of your other friends since they're in either other universities or going to study abroad in Ireland or the UK. Allah yiwafighom kelehom, and to all of you readers who have either started a new year in school or a new year in university. I have a maths quiz tomorrow and a dentist appointment soon for this throbbing pain I'm getting from my growing wisdom teeth (ugh). So yes, I'm trying to write whenever I can.

I WILL continue blogging even though university will delay my posts. Thank you all to who didn't pressure me and have been so understanding, I love you guys, you've helped me from day one and I haven't forgotten, I also promise I won't forget it. x

I also got SO MANY new ideas, usually for new stories. Would you like me to start a new one after this one? I might write in advance and only post them once I have at least 3 chapters written, so I won't drive all of you crazy for waiting for the second or third chapter. It's just a thought, contact me on @vieblogue to tell me what you think.

-

Previously in Chapter 25:

Even after the "shhh" trick, Bdour didn't budge. After a few minutes, she leaned closer to me so I could catch a whiff of her perfume. It smelt of something intense and strong, it caused me to wince. It wasn't a pleasant smell at all.

Her next words creeped me out even more.

"3ndech 9oura w entay mu labsa 7jabich?"

-

-LAYAL-

Her question startled me. It was beyond creepy in a way, even though it was a girl asking, not a guy. However, she didn't even personally know me. What was it to her? A thought about her trying to compare both of us, appearance wise, crept into my head. Was that was she was interested in? Who was the prettier girl?

Well isn't that shallow.

"La2 ma 3nde." I lied, of course I had over 100 pictures of me without my veil (veil=hijab) in my iPhone's gallery. 

"Mu men 9ijech," Bdour's thin yet overly red tinted lips formed a small "o". 

"Girls, now if you would stop gossiping and pay attention." The professor's voice was aimed right at us, his eyes torching us with disappointment and disapproval. Bdour nodded in agreement, giving me a look that said "yeah Layal, listen to the professor for God's sakes."

That look just annoyed me even further.

Next time, I'm going to the lecture late so I'd make sure I didn't get a seat next to this tight cloths obsessed snake.

-

-THARI-

"Hey, khatheit aghra'9ik men el diwaneya?" 3abbas asked me as he walked up to our table in Starbucks, I was lounging in one of the seats alone, with my Macbook in front of me, trying to do my research paper for a class. I had left it till last minute, as usual.


"Eee," I shrugged, my fingers typing over the sleek keyboard.


"Shnu, bitrid baitkom?" He continued, he pushed one of the free chairs besides me back to sit.

"Eee, mashkour bas khala9 elyoum barid." I politely said.


"Don't mention it, you're always welcome." He patted a strong hand over my back, I paused and looked at him to offer a smile.

"Ma ga9ert wyay, mashkour." I said again.


"Agoulk don't mention it, shnu ma tifham engleizi?" 3abbas let out a deep laugh.


"7aram ashkirik?" I couldn't help but smile again. 3abbas might be a bit dangerous with his actions but it was very easy to get along with him, he was always the most social in our group of friends.


"Eee, kho ana okhouk mu wa7d ghareeb," 3abbas's grin widened, his light teeth flashing at me. At the same time, an image straight ahead caught my eye. I found Layal walking in front of us, Bdour trying to walk as fast as she was.


Shfeeha hathe ga3da titlazag eb Layal?


It was obvious that Layal didn't want anything to do with her, even though I thought they were friends. Layal had a pained expression on her face as Bdour's lips kept smacking about, probably talking about a subject Layal wanted nothing to do with.


"Ooohhh Bo Zaid," 3abbas hooted, teasing me once he caught me staring at Layal. I quickly turned away, taking my eyes off of her. It was hard to, take my eyes off of her I mean.


"Giltleha?" He pressured on once I had my eyes on my laptop screen.


"Shagouleha?" I acted dumb, avoiding his question.


"Enik t7bha, shnu b3ad?" 3abbas chuckled, the veins in his neck moving around as his eyes squinted in joy.


"Mmm." I groaned in response.

"Thari yikhish 3ane?" 3abbas's dark eyebrows shot up in surprise.


"Ensa el salfa." I sighed.


"Fee salfa b3ad?" 3abbas was listening toe every word that escaped my lips, annoying me a bit.


"Maku salfa, el bent metrabya," I shot him a glare.


"Metrabya wela she just isn't interested in Thari Al-X?" 3abbas shot back at me.


"3abbas shfeek? Mu qa9eb agoulk kelshay." I tried to calm myself internally, he was starting to really get on my nerves. 


"Y3ne t7bik?" He continued on.


"What's it to you? Basik legafa." I snapped at him, the fury evolving inside me showing.


"Teghayart wayed Thari," 3abbas suddenly said in a serious tone. I snapped my Macbook shut, tucked it under my arm, stood up from my seat and simply stalked off before my anger caused me to do anything else.


I kept replaying back 3abbas's words in my head when I was in the car, already driving towards my house. Our conversation started off well, it started off more than well actually. And suddenly once he brought up Layal's name, lava erupted out of me.


Was it jealousy or did I actually change?


And if I did change, what was it that changed me? 


-


"Thari!" My name was exclaimed by a young female teen's voice once I pushed the heavy door of our house open. I found a short Wath7a standing in front of me in her crinkly school uniform, her large dark eyes squinted at me as a long smile stretched along her lips.

"Missed me?" I grinned, she forgot herself and her "13 year olds were too mature" saying, she ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me by force.


"Woaah." I laughed, I couldn't remember the last time I got a hug from her. Her arms felt warm and secure, her face was covered, it was dug into my hoodie as she softly sobbed.


"Wath7a?" I whispered softly and realised that she was crying. Her tears stained the cloth material of my hoodie.


"Shfeech?!" I pushed her away so I could get a look at her face. Her eyes were bloodshot, her face weary and her tears hugging against her wet eyelashes. She had hints of her black mascara running down her cheeks.


I ignored the thought about how she was too young to even wear mascara to school and tried to concentrate on why she was crying in the first place.

"Wath7a jawbay," I could feel the frown lines over my face as I watched hertry to rub off her wet tears with the back of her hand.


"Wath7a." A stern voice scared the both of us, I could feel my little sister's body jolt in fright once she heard the voice. I let go of my sister, pushed my head upwards and found my father a few feet away from us with his wrinkled yet fearful eyes staring right at us in mere disapproval.


"Yahel? Kibartay 9irtay mara, shfeech tabcheen?" He spat at Wath7a in disgust.


"A-asfa," she stuttered, her shoulders shaking as yet again, she tried to force the tears away but it was as if her emotions neglected her. Numerous tears slipped out of her tear ducts, clouding her vision, forcing her to hiccup when she was trying to mask a sob.


What was he doing here? My mother said he was in another country with his second wife, why the heck was he still here?


"9i3day foug yalla," He commanded my shaken sister, she obeyed and hurried upstairs, her bare feet daring to slip over the cold slippery floors of our house.


"Shitsawe ehny? Akeed omik galetlik tiyee, mu 9a7?" My father aimed his disgusted glance on me, he looked lean and tall in his dish dasha. He had his beard shaven, his light skin much similar to mine and his steady thick eyebrows which looked just like mine. I hated how much we resembled each other.


"Shnu? Ma ra7 etsafir?" I avoided his own question.


"Shal legafa?" A slow grin was placed over his lips as if he was amused by why I was interested in him travelling. I rarely ever asked, scratch that, I never asked him about his traveling because I made it obvious that I didn't give a sh*t about it. His words reminded me of mine, when I snapped those familiar words at 3abbas and probably wounded our friendship. 


"Shfeek ma seme3t?" He continued on, I spaced out for a second there and he ignored my sudden silence.


"Shnu?" My voice sounded a bit wobbly, I tried to strengthen it against his. His steel gaze hardened as his next words flew easily out of his lips.


"Murty 7amil."

No comments:

Post a Comment