Sunday, July 29, 2012

Le Chase Chapter 9

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay.

I decided to bring back my old 50 chapter story, it was my favourite. If you'd like to read it first before reading Le Chase, here's the link to the first chapter (this is the original Masquerade story): http://v-ie.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-1.html *But do not read this story if you're not 13 years old and up, you have been warned.

THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO THIS BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY GIRL RIGHT HERE: @Lalboulayan , enjoy your birthday to the fullest gorgeous!:*

Send me your feedback: @vieblogue.

-

Previously in Chapter 8:

 "Oh.. uhm, 3yal Layal makh6ouba?" Thari's sudden question startled me. 

Shtabe eb Layal?! Mu ga3d tis2alny hal as2la 3shan tabeeny ana? Lal7een ga3d tfakr feeha?! 

"Layal?" I replied, my eyebrows knitting in confusion.  

"Uhm, eee.." Thari looked uncomfortable. 

Ehya mu makh6ouba bas if I say that... Farah stop thinking!

"Eee makh6ouba!"



-


-THARI-


It's official. The girls here are crazy.


It's been 9 days now, working in Chocolate Bar. I managed to fit in work with uni at the same time, I backed off, not giving Layal the time of day after Farah told me that she was engaged.


And apparently, Farah had also told me that one of Layal's friends is already pregnant.


"Shift Heba? Hathee refeejat Layal, she's totally pregnant and she isn't even married yet!" Farah gossiped, her winged eyes full of alert.


"Aha." I said remotely as I was staring off to space, it was too early in the morning to expect any customers. The cafe was filled with Kuwait's blazing sunlight and the winter's chilly breeze.

"Aha? Bas?" Farah looked at me in a ludicrous way.

Hathee shfeeha? Shayfetny ghabe ba9adig ena wa7da Kuwateya 7amel w lal7een ma tizawejet? W el mshkela el bent 3a9la w Farah etgoul she's in her 4th month of pregnancy.

Girls. Are. Crazy.

"Eee, aha. Shasaweeleha? Kaifha el bent." I shrugged, looking at the grey cashier in front of me. I never figured out how to play with the buttons yet, I didn't get to take a customer's order in my 9 days of work since Layal always got the cashier before I could.

"Okay Tharouy." Farah said in a spoiled tone that made me cringe a bit. She was wearing another one of her tight shirts, I couldn't control my eyes, they would move to her body for a second and then my mind would realize how inappropriate I was being. Farah was hot, I had to admit but she only had her looks, nothing else.

Maybe if one of my other friends, like 3abbas, he'd like a girl like her. Stupid and reckless.

I prefer a girl with a good head on her shoulders. I've changed my taste, I needed a woman I'd be able to bring back to my mother. Not a woman to show off to my friends.

I needed a change.

"Na3am?" I replied, she kept sticking her arms against mine, trying to make body contact. It's seductive but it's getting annoying now.

"Shfeek elyoum em3a9ib?" Farah asked in a sweet tone.

"Mu em3a9ib." I lied. I was still mad at the fact that Layal was engaged, I had no right to be mad or even jealous but I was stubborn like that.

"Weeh, lal7een fa'9y el mukan?" A new voice entered into the conversation. I turned around and found Layal, wearing a light coloured veil that complimented her light skin and brought our her multicoloured eyes. Behind Layal, was one of her friends. There were too many girls in this job, there were only maybe 4 Kuwaiti guys and they didn't show up much.

"Eee." Farah answered Layal with a glare.

"Shfeeha hathe?" Layal's tall friend with the light hair hissed.

"Madry." Layal shrugged, ignoring Farah's mean attitude.

"Uhm, Layal." I cleared my throat, stopping Layal from turning back around to go back into the kitchen.

"Na3am?" Layal looked a bit surprised by me, she faced me and kept her tone polite.

"Mabrouk." I forced a smile. "Entay w.. uhm, Abdulra7man."

"Oh akeed Ebrahim galik ena 7amani rad, allah yibarik feek mashkour." Layal looked a bit confused which confused me even further. Farah kept fidgeting besides me, looking nervous.

"Thari t3al dige-" Farah started to say but I cut her off.

"Rad? La2 8a9di mabrouk 3la el khe6ba." I scratched the back of my neck, my eyebrows furrowing with curiosity.

"Ey khe6ba?" Layal's face twisted in surprise. Her friend burst out laughing, her eyes bulging out of her eye sockets.

"Umbay enta mu min 9ijik, 3balik Layal makh6ouba? TO HER OWN BROTHER?" Layal's friend held back her stomach, her laughs growing wild.

What? Her brother?!

I turned to look at Farah but she wasn't by my side anymore, she practically ran away.

How could I have believed such a liar? Who made up gossip about others? Thari enta ghaby!

"Abdulra7man okhouch?" I asked, my voice cracking in embarrassment. 

"Eee Thari.." Layal looked at me in bewilderment. "Etha enta rafeej okhouy, shloun ma t3arif hal shay?"

"Uhm.. I-I." I stuttered, trying to muster up an excuse.

-

-LAYAL-

Thari hasn't been speaking to me in days, he even avoided asking me for lessons on how to work the cashier when the manager told him to ask me for help. I also felt like he was acting super weird lately, giving me strange looks and hanging around Farah a lot.

I couldn't believe my ears when he assumed I was engaged to my own brother, it was crazy.

But my suspicions were growing. He was standing right in front of me with a blank expression on his face, unable to answer my question.

"Ha?" I urged him to answer. How can he not know that 7amany is my brother too? Did Ibrahim act like 3boud didn't exist or was Thari creating lies?

"Ana rafeej Ibrahim ee bas we're not close, bas 6ile3na chem mara w bas." Thari quickly said, keeping his face emotionless. It made me question my own suspicions. I didn't know much about my brother's friends or what they did together, it was non of my business so I couldn't prove if Thari was telling me the truth or not.

But I had one way to see if he was lying or not.

"Ahh okay." I dismissed the subject and left with Deema behind me, still laughing at Thari and his accusations.

-

-THARI-

That was so close. SO CLOSE.

But all I was thinking about was how Layal was single now, no ties attached to her. I was humming all day, my spirits all cheered up. I tried looking for Farah to confront her but she vanished, she probably went back home to avoid me.

The only crazy girl here was Farah.

The day passed on quickly, I didn't avoid Layal anymore and freely spoke to her whenever I had the chance to, but I felt like she put some distance between us after our conversation this morning. Her suspicious eyes would watch me every few minutes, inspecting me.

Was she on to me?

I didn't know.

Work ended quickly today, I was ecstatic on going back home to taste my mother's zubaidy cooked fish. She only cooked once a week and let the housekeepers do the cooking all week. I grabbed my Hackett jacket and zipped it up to my neck, warming up my skin.

I crouched down the counter to grab my Samsung, which was in a little basket in one of the drawers. The manager would take our phones before work and hand it to us afterwards, it was lame but it was one of the rules.

A little jingle rang in the cafe, letting us know new customers just came in.

"Welcome to Chocolate Bar sir!" Jarra7, one of the guy workers here, bellowed at the customers who just walked into the cafe. I felt sorry for the guy, his shift started when mine ended, so he'd always give me a little frown when I told him it was time for me to go.

I stood up, keeping my eyes on my Samsung, replying to all my Whatsapp messages, Twitter mentions and texts. My eyes weren't on the customers in front of me.

"Zaid, khala9." A woman, probably in her early thirties, giggled flirtatiously.

"Thari?" The man's nervous voice was too familiar, it caused my head to shoot up from my phone and my eyes landed on the two customers standing in front of me.

The woman in her thirties had dark auburn hair, showing off her Lebanese beauty. Her eyes were rimmed with eyeliner and her lips pasted with dark red lipstick. She was holding onto a tall man with salt and pepper hair, with wrinkled dark eyes.

The same wrinkled eyes that I happened to look into for 18 years.

My father.

No comments:

Post a Comment