Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chapter 13

"You're a backstabber." I stated the words slowly in her face until she digested them, I saw her eyes widen in surprise as I walked away.

I locked myself in my room that night, Nour wouldn't be sleeping over at our Shaleih and Loura was nowhere to be found, she probably left the shaleih once Nasser was too occupied with his own friends to hang out with her.

I looked around my room in the Shaleih, it was very simple. It pretty much showed that I didn't pay enough time in Bnaider, I felt lonely. Nour used to always sleep over and we'd stay up all night.

I missed my friends, they would have understood my situation. They would have had my back in this. I was expecting Nour had my back too, it made me question everybody else. Who could I trust now?

The only person I could trust now is myself. I was too lazy to slip off my casual clothes, instead I went outside to the balcony, it had a ladder right next to it. I placed a foot over one of the steps and carefully balanced myself on it.

I climbed up till I made it up to the roof. I could see a clear image of the moon from the spot I was sitting, our roof was flat so I was able to sit in my favourite spot where I sat whenever I just needed to think. There was a a old beat up box in a spot I'd hidden, I pulled out my sketch book and pencil and decided to quickly trace the shape of the moon, letting my pencil cascade over the paper to form the fluffy clouds surrounding it.

 Drawing or painting calmed me, it took my mind off of things. I got so engrossed into my sketch that I didn't notice the sounds of footsteps and the grunts of a deep voice behind me.

I felt my heart jump out of my chest as a deep voice had said "Boo" right into my left ear, I even felt the hot breath against my skin. It scared the sh*t out of me.

I quickly stood up and turned around whilst holding my pencil out as my weapon. I heard a very familiar chuckle and found S3ood holding his stomach with a hand whilst laughing as hard as he could.

I groaned in annoyance. "S3ood!"

"Walla-*laughing*-I'm*laughing*so, so sorry!*laughing*"  I couldn't help but smile as I watched him laugh, his dimples faintly showing in the moon light.

"Ffh, malee8." I teased, trying to act mad.

"Shd3wa 3a9ebtay!" His eyes hardened and he became serious. I laughed at him and his eyes softened.

"Pay back, huh? 3ad khara3teeny, M7md would kill me if I got you mad." He smiled, his eyes shifted down to my sketch and his smile widened. "You drew that?" He leaned down to pick up my sketch book and flipped through it, looking over the sketchings of the people and scenarios I've drawn.

I had never let anyone see my sketch book but him flipping through hadn't bothered me. Weird.

"Mashallah." He breathed. I felt my cheeks become hot, I quickly yanked my sketch book away from his hands. He had seen enough.

"Oh, asif." He looked taken aback, a bit flustered and embarassed that he'd gone through something I'd considered personal.

"La 3adi," I smiled at him and sat back onto my spot, trying to catch glimpses of the moon before it disappeared into the clouds. I felt him sit next to me.

"Laish mu nayma?"

"Bs, not in the best mood." I hugged my knees close to me, it felt good to say that out loud to someone.

"7aseit ena fee shay em'9aygich bs I didn't want to pressure you into answering me since y'know, we just met and all.." I heard a trace of shyness in his voice before he covered it up.

"Lets just say I had a fight with two people that I thought I trusted. And now, I've lost those two people, I feel like I don't know them anymore. I can't even go back to trying to being their friends again, it's just not like the old days anymore." I sighed.

"I know that feeling." He pulled out his ipod and offered me his earphones. I slid them into my ears and waited for him to put on a song.

I heard the soft tunes of a guitar before knowing what song it was.

I heard the words of "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye repeat in my ears.

Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness

Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad it was over

But you didn't have to cut me off

Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

No comments:

Post a Comment